1. …Criminals and domestic abusers should be able to buy guns…
People who can’t be trusted with guns, can’t be trusted with liberty.
2. What is your proposal for keeping guns away from criminals, domestic abusers, terrorists and dangerously mentally ill people?
No way to do this without also infringing on the rights of the law abiding and peaceable.
3. Do you believe that a background check infringes on your constitutional right to “keep and bear arms”?
4. Do you believe that I and people with whom I work intend to ban your guns?
5. If yes to #4, how do you think that could happen (I mean the physical action)?
Door to door civil war. Not the way it would start — mandatory, universal registration is a good bet — but that’s how it would end.
6. What do you think are the “second amendment remedies” that the tea party GOP candidate for Senate in Nevada( Sharron Angle) has proposed?
Don’t know about Angle, but for me, if civil servants know that their masters, their masters, are armed as well as they are, they’ll be civil, not surly.
[Gah. This should be, "if civil servants know that their masters, the people".]
7. Do you believe in the notion that if you don’t like what someone is doing or saying, second amendment remedies should be applied?
8. Do you believe it is O.K. to call people with whom you disagree liars and demeaning names?
I believe it is OK to call liars, liars. And when people demean me verbally, I should turn the other cheek. Or ignore them. As soon as they start trying to demean me with the law, or through force, though, it is OK for me to resist. With lethal force, if nothing less suffices.
9. If yes to #8, would you do it in a public place to the person’s face?
I would respond in kind.
10. Do you believe that any gun law will take away your constitutional rights?
Yes, excepting laws against using weapons to commit violent crimes.
11. Do you believe in current gun laws? Do you think they are being enforced? If not, explain.
I believe there are current gun laws, yes. I believe most of them infringe the right to arms. And certainly they’re being enforced — sometimes, but often not against violent criminals. They exist and are enforced to disarm the lawabiding, not the criminal.
12. Do you believe that all law-abiding citizens are careful with their guns and would never shoot anybody?
13. Do you believe that people who commit suicide with a gun should be included in the gun statistics?
I believe my right to arms ought not be judged with statistics.
14. Do you believe that accidental gun deaths should “count” in the total numbers?
15. Do you believe that sometimes guns, in careless use or an accident, can shoot a bullet without the owner or holder of the gun pulling the trigger?
16. Do you believe that 30,000 gun deaths a year is too many?
17. How will you help to prevent more shootings in this country?
Arm the law abiding. Restrain the government. Repeal laws against contraband, especially, and allow law enforcement to concentrate on crimes with actual victims.
18. Do you believe the articles that I have posted
I’m not familiar with these articles.
19. There has been some discussion of the role of the ATF here. Do you believe the ATF wants your guns and wants to harass you personally?
I doubt the ATF has ever heard of me.
20. Will you continue a reasonable discussion towards an end that might lead somewhere or is this an exercise in futility?
I have tried, dozens and dozens of times, to engage in reasonable discussion.
But I have learned that almost always, “reasonable discussion” means that I’m supposed to shut up and do what I’m told. For my own good, of course.